Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Reaching the Written Target

 

Throughout high school, writing was a challenging task for me. I knew the basic structure of an essay and how the process was to write one, but when it came to presenting the finished product, I lacked creativity. My papers were always dull and I dreaded the days when I had an in-class writing assignment because they were my weakest link. As a goal for my English 1A class, I want to accomplish strength in my writing by learning how to use creativity by the end of this semester.

Since I am a first time college student in my family, I did not have someone as a guide who could have given me tips to flourish in my writing. With this in mind, I will need to learn steps that will help me succeed on my written assignments. By using creativity in my writing, it will help make writing a smooth process for me and will make it a more enjoyable task. By accomplishing the goal I have set, I know that it will benefit me throughout college and in the years after. When writing, I have a tendency to use the same words and sentence structures. I do this because I do not have a broad vocabulary and its difficult more me to think of different ways a sentence could be written. If I continue to write this way, I feel that my essays will not improve. During this semester, I will go to the Learning Resource Center on campus to get the aid I need to find my creativity. By achieving the goal I have set, I know that it will benefit me throughout college and in the years after.

As a result of gaining this skill, it will lead me to accomplish my goal at the end of the semester. Without using creativity, I will continue to repeat my conflicting habits in my writing. Once I reach my goal, I will have a sense of relief and confidence because I know my writing will only get stronger in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment