Sunday, September 21, 2014

A Significant Story

Woman in Front of the Sun: On Becoming a Writer
by Judith Ortiz Cofer
The Woman Who Slept with One Eye Open

In this essay, I encountered multiple stories that Cofer shares. The story that impacted me the most was the one about Cofer's student. This young woman was a hard working mother and had found herself to have no time to be able to write. She then figured out a strategy for herself so she could write, while maintaining her regular daily responsibilities. This story motivates me to continue to push myself as I go through my years in college. If I want to accomplish something, I will do everything I can do to be able to get to where I want to be. I cannot simply give up and move on without trying every single possibility. Some day, I will find myself in the position of this student and I will try to find my time to make myself happy and not worry about other things that will be blocking my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment